Creamy Potato Salad
True to its name, this is a very creamy and rich traditional-flavored potato salad. Serve at your next cookout and wait for the rave reviews. It's quick to make; the only chopping is potatoes and green onions and you can combine the dressing while the potatoes cook.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 148
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 301mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat canola mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1. Place potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with cold water to 2 inches above potatoes. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and gently simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain potatoes; cool for 20 minutes.
- 2. Combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add potatoes; toss gently to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
This recipe was updated for the November, 2012 25th anniversary issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note