The crust falls apart really easily. I will use a bit more butter next time I make it. It looks good and tastes good. I candied grapefruit to use on top when served!
Creamy Pink Grapefruit Tart
Jeanne Walker substituted grapefruit juice for lime in a traditional Key lime pie. For the best color, use a deep pink to red variety of grapefruit. You can bake the tart up to 1 day ahead; chill airtight. PREP AND COOK TIME: About 1 1/4 hours, plus 1 1/4 hours to cool.
More From Sunset
2 Hours, 30 Minutes
- Calories: 285
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 4.9g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 9.5g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 125mg
- Cholesterol: 128mg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter, cut into chunks
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated pink grapefruit peel
- 2/3 cup pink grapefruit juice with pulp
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- Sweetened whipped cream and peeled grapefruit segments
- 1. In a food processor or bowl, combine flour and butter. Whirl or rub in with your fingers until fine crumbs form. Add 1 egg and whirl or stir with a fork just until dough holds together. Pat into a ball, then press evenly over bottom and up sides of a 9- to 10-inch tart pan with a removable rim.
- 2. Bake in a 325° oven until crust is pale gold, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together remaining 3 eggs, grapefruit peel and juice, sugar, and the 2/3 cup whipping cream. Set baked crust on oven rack and carefully pour in filling.
- 4. Bake in a 350° oven until filling jiggles only slightly in the center when pan is gently shaken and tart is golden at edges, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 5. Let tart cool on a rack at least 45 minutes. Serve slightly warm or chilled, with sweetened whipped cream and grapefruit segments.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts