The crust falls apart really easily. I will use a bit more butter next time I make it. It looks good and tastes good. I candied grapefruit to use on top when served!
Creamy Pink Grapefruit Tart
Jeanne Walker substituted grapefruit juice for lime in a traditional Key lime pie. For the best color, use a deep pink to red variety of grapefruit. You can bake the tart up to 1 day ahead; chill airtight. PREP AND COOK TIME: About 1 1/4 hours, plus 1 1/4 hours to cool.
More From Sunset
2 Hours, 30 Minutes
- Calories: 285
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 4.9g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 9.5g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 125mg
- Cholesterol: 128mg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter, cut into chunks
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated pink grapefruit peel
- 2/3 cup pink grapefruit juice with pulp
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- Sweetened whipped cream and peeled grapefruit segments
- 1. In a food processor or bowl, combine flour and butter. Whirl or rub in with your fingers until fine crumbs form. Add 1 egg and whirl or stir with a fork just until dough holds together. Pat into a ball, then press evenly over bottom and up sides of a 9- to 10-inch tart pan with a removable rim.
- 2. Bake in a 325° oven until crust is pale gold, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together remaining 3 eggs, grapefruit peel and juice, sugar, and the 2/3 cup whipping cream. Set baked crust on oven rack and carefully pour in filling.
- 4. Bake in a 350° oven until filling jiggles only slightly in the center when pan is gently shaken and tart is golden at edges, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 5. Let tart cool on a rack at least 45 minutes. Serve slightly warm or chilled, with sweetened whipped cream and grapefruit segments.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note