It was a fast and cheap recipe that was easy to make. Made a great finger food that everyone enjoyed..
Creamy Pesto Pinwheels
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Stephana Bottom
More From Allyou
Chill: 2 Hours
Amount per serving
- Calories: 35
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Sodium: 77mg
- 8 thin slices white or whole-wheat sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1. Roll each slice of bread to 1/4-inch thickness with a rolling pin. Using a whisk, beat cream cheese with butter until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Spread about 1/2 Tbsp. cream cheese mixture evenly over each slice of bread. Top with 1 Tbsp. pesto and spread thinly. Carefully roll into a tight cylinder.
- 3. Wrap each cylinder in plastic and twist ends like a candy wrapper to completely seal. Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 4. Unwrap cylinders. Using a sharp knife dipped in hot water and wiped dry, cut each cylinder into 6 pieces. Arrange cut side up on a platter and serve at room temperature.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per piece.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This