Creamy Pesto Pasta
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 409
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 15g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 9.3g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Sodium: 263mg
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- 8 ounces dried rigatoni pasta
- 1 onion (about 6 oz.), chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter or olive oil
- 1 package (8 oz.) neufchâtel (light cream) cheese
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves (one or more varieties)
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper
- 1. Cook pasta in about 3 quarts boiling water until just barely tender to bite, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan, combine onion, garlic, and butter. Stir often over medium-high heat until onion is limp, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Add neufchâtel cheese and stir until melted, about 3 minutes. Stir broth and wine into pan and mix until blended. Add basil and stir until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- 4. Add pasta to sauce and stir until pasta is coated with sauce. If sauce gets too thick, stir in a little water to thin. Spoon onto plates. Add parmesan, salt, and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes