Creamy Pesto Pasta
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 409
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 15g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 9.3g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Sodium: 263mg
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- 8 ounces dried rigatoni pasta
- 1 onion (about 6 oz.), chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter or olive oil
- 1 package (8 oz.) neufchâtel (light cream) cheese
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves (one or more varieties)
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper
- 1. Cook pasta in about 3 quarts boiling water until just barely tender to bite, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan, combine onion, garlic, and butter. Stir often over medium-high heat until onion is limp, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Add neufchâtel cheese and stir until melted, about 3 minutes. Stir broth and wine into pan and mix until blended. Add basil and stir until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- 4. Add pasta to sauce and stir until pasta is coated with sauce. If sauce gets too thick, stir in a little water to thin. Spoon onto plates. Add parmesan, salt, and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note