- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese
- 1/3 cup (1 1/3 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons commercial pesto, divided
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 36 (1/4-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut Italian or French bread baguette
- 3/4 cup bottled or homemade marinara sauce
- calories 79
- fat 2.6 g
- satfat 0.8 g
- protein 3.8 g
- carbohydrate 10.3 g
- fiber 0.5 g
- cholesterol 3 mg
- iron 0.6 mg
- sodium 316 mg
- calcium 45 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
Line a 10-ounce custard cup, small bowl, or 1-cup glass measuring cup with plastic wrap. Spread one-third of cheese mixture into bottom of prepared cup. Top with 1 tablespoon pesto, spreading to cover cream cheese mixture. Repeat procedure with one-third cheese mixture and remaining pesto; top with remaining cheese mixture. Tap cup gently against countertop to compact the layers. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill 8 hours or overnight.
Uncover and invert spread onto a serving plate; remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle sliced basil over top of spread. Serve with baguette slices and marinara sauce.