- 2 cups (5 ounces) vanilla wafer cookies, such as Nilla Wafers
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 firm, ripe medium peaches, peeled and cut into thin wedges
How to Make It
Preheat the oven to 350°. In a food processor, combine the vanilla wafers with the almonds and 2 tablespoons of the sugar and process until fine. Add the melted butter and pulse until the crumbs are evenly moistened. Press the crumbs into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the side of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes, until the crust is set.
Meanwhile, wipe out the food processor bowl. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, egg and 2 tablespoons of the sugar and process until smooth. Pour the custard into the crust and bake for 15 minutes, until set. Let the tart cool slightly and transfer to the freezer to chill, about 15 minutes.
In a bowl, toss the peaches with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Arrange the peaches in 2 concentric circles over the custard. Remove the ring, cut the tart into wedges and serve.