Creamy Pasta with Chicken and Mushrooms
Ultrafine instant flour dissolves quickly in liquid. All-purpose flour works, too, but it requires more whisking to avoid lumps.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup chicken mixture and 1 cup pasta)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 416
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 28.5g
- Carbohydrate: 52.5g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 97mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 592mg
- Calcium: 207mg
- 1/2 pound wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups prewashed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup evaporated low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon instant flour (such as Pillsbury Shake and Blend Flour)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While noodles cook, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms to pan; cook 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring constantly. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add spinach and wine; cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts, stirring occasionally.
- Combine milk and instant flour, stirring with a whisk. Add milk mixture to pan; cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in salt and pepper. Serve over noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note