My family loves this recipe and it continues to be a go-to for me. It's pretty simple and delicious! I use rice noodles and usually add arugula or spinach for an added veggie boost, but still tastes great. We love having the leftovers for lunch, too!
Creamy Pasta Shells with Broccoli and Ham
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 819
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated fat: 19g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 97g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 107mg
- Sodium: 849mg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound small pasta shells
- 4 cups small broccoli florets (from 1 medium head broccoli)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces cooked ham, chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, warmed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Add broccoli for last 2 to 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain and return to pot.
- 2. While pasta is cooking, melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add onion and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes. Add ham and cook, stirring, 2 minutes longer. Stir in cream, bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3. Scrape cream mixture into pot with pasta and broccoli. Add cheese and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately, passing more Parmesan, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes