Creamy Parmesan Polenta
Prep: 25 minutes; Cook: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 192
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 734mg
- Calcium: 76mg
- 1 (16-ounce) tube of polenta, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces very thin slices prosciutto
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Combine polenta and broth in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook 5 minutes or until smooth and hot, stirring with a whisk. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and pepper.
- 2. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tomato, prosciutto, and garlic; cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add wine; cover and cook 2 minutes. Uncover; cook 1 minute or until most of liquid has evaporated.
- 3. Spoon 3/4 cup polenta into each of 4 bowls; top with 1/2 cup tomato mixture. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 4g.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes