Creamy Oysters Rockefeller Dip
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 83
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Carbohydrate: 11.1g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 213mg
- Calcium: 80mg
- 36 (1/4-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette (about 9 ounces)
- 1/2 (1-ounce) slice white bread
- 1 (12-ounce) container standard oysters, undrained
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green onions
- 1 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Arrange the baguette slices on 2 baking sheets; bake baguette slices at 375° for 8 minutes or until crisp.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place 1/2 (1-ounce) bread slice in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1/4 cup.
- Drain the oysters in a colander over a bowl, reserving 2 tablespoons oyster liquid. Place the oysters on a broiler pan, and broil 7 minutes or until the edges of oysters curl. Cool and chop.
- Place onions, celery, and parsley in a blender or food processor, and process until finely chopped.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion mixture; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in oysters, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoon oyster liquid, cheeses, and the remaining ingredients; cook 2 minutes or until well blended, stirring constantly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Creamy Oysters Rockefeller Dip Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers