- 36 (1/4-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette (about 9 ounces)
- 1/2 (1-ounce) slice white bread
- 1 (12-ounce) container standard oysters, undrained
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green onions
- 1 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- calories 83
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- fat 2.4 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- monofat 0.6 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 4.6 g
- carbohydrate 11.1 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- cholesterol 16 mg
- iron 2.3 mg
- sodium 213 mg
- calcium 80 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Arrange the baguette slices on 2 baking sheets; bake baguette slices at 375° for 8 minutes or until crisp.
Place 1/2 (1-ounce) bread slice in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1/4 cup.
Drain the oysters in a colander over a bowl, reserving 2 tablespoons oyster liquid. Place the oysters on a broiler pan, and broil 7 minutes or until the edges of oysters curl. Cool and chop.
Place onions, celery, and parsley in a blender or food processor, and process until finely chopped.
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion mixture; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in oysters, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoon oyster liquid, cheeses, and the remaining ingredients; cook 2 minutes or until well blended, stirring constantly.