This recipe is super simple and delicious! My two year old loves it! I can get the cooking down time to 15 mins if I start the noodles while I am cooking the mushrooms. I might add a little more garlic but we have a love garlic in our house. This is also a good base recipe where you could change up the ingredients and have a completely different dish.
Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine
The hot pasta will melt the Parmesan cheese and help the sauce cling to the noodles.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 323
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 13.7g
- Carbohydrate: 42.2g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 587mg
- Calcium: 156mg
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated fresh fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 12 ounces presliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion, mushrooms, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper; sauté 10 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and have released their liquid. Add wine and thyme; cook 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat. Add hot cooked pasta, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, half-and-half, and Parmesan cheese to pan, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note