- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (about 1/2 onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened*
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
How to Make It
Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms, onion, and garlic, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken broth and cream cheese, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until cream cheese melts. Stir in artichoke hearts, lemon juice, and red pepper. Reduce heat to low, and cook 2 minutes or until mixture is hot.
*1 (8-ounce) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese may be substituted.