Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
This comforting classic is surprisingly easy to make. Serve as an entrée with a green salad, or halve the serving size for a side dish.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 289
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 17.3g
- Carbohydrate: 45.7g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 673mg
- Calcium: 310mg
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces light processed cheese (such as Velveeta Light), cubed
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- 2. While pasta cooks, combine milk, flour, and salt in a large saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Cook over medium heat 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly with whisk. Add cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- 3. Stir in pasta. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note