I know this is a "Hunts" recipe, but I only had half the portion for the canned tomatoes, so I used fresh ones too. This is a good recipe. I will make again, but not very often. The thing is that it was extremely filling..we all had half of how much we usually eat. I used Mild Cheddar though, so it wasn't too cheesy. Next time I will plan on making this I'm using the Sharp Cherrar for a stronger flavor.
Creamy Mac 'n' Cheese with Ham and Tomatoes
- PAM Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 8 ounces dry large elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons Fleischmann's Original Margarine-stick
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (2 cups = 8 oz)
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Hands On: 20 minutes
Total: 40 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Spray 8- x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Combine tomatoes and baking soda in medium bowl; set aside.
2. Melt Fleischmann's in large saucepan over medium-low heat while pasta is cooking. Stir in flour; gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add cheese; stir until melted. Add tomatoes to cheese mixture; blend well. Drain macaroni; add to saucepan. Stir in ham, salt and pepper. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
3. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note