Creamy Low-Fat Arugula Pesto
- 3 large unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon farmer cheese (3 ounces)
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon reduced-fat cream cheese (3 ounces)
- 2 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large bunch of arugula (about 6 ounces)
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1. In a small dry skillet, cook the garlic cloves over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until softened and blackened in spots, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly. Peel and lightly crush the garlic.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the cheeses and scallions; process until smooth. Add the garlic to the processor and puree. Add the arugula and pulse until finely chopped but not pureed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve With: Fresh vegetables as a dip or on grilled vegetable sandwiches or, thinned with a little pasta cooking liquid, as a sauce for pasta.
- Notes: One tablespoon: Calories 17 kcal, Total Fat 1.1 gm, Saturated Fat .8 gm
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note