Excellent side dish! We had it alongside a main dish, but I can definitely see it being used as a topping for tacos, burgers, etc. Next time I'll shred the cabbage finer. We used all Napa cabbage, and it tasted great! This recipe is a very fresh, fun spin on traditional coleslaw!
Creamy Lime Slaw
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Dan Becker
Add more zesty, fresh flavor to creamy slaw with lime juice, lime zest and cilantro.
Yield: Serves 8
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 49
- Calories from fat: 2%
- Protein: 2.9g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 9.5g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sodium: 268mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 4 green onions
- 1/2 head napa cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1/2 head red cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 limes
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Slice green onions long and on the bias so you have pieces similar in shape to the cabbage. Toss together onions, cabbages, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- 2. Zest both limes and juice 1 lime. In a bowl, mix lime zest and juice, yogurt, sugar, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture; stir to combine.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables