Creamy Lemon Squares
Lemon, show us your sunny pop of color. And while you're at it, your intense burst of flavor. Where would we, and these better-for-you creamy squares, be without you?
- Calories: 170
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Fiber: 0g
- Iron: 4%
- Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 130mg
- Sugars: 18g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Calcium: 2%
- 20 Reduced Fat NILLA Wafers, finely crushed (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup cold margarine
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon CALUMET Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- LINE 8-inch square pan with foil. Mix first 3 ingredients in medium bowl. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 min.
- BEAT Neufchatel and granulated sugar with mixer until well blended. Add eggs and 2 Tbsp. flour; mix well. Blend in 1 Tbsp. zest, juice and baking powder; pour over crust.
- BAKE 25 to 28 min. or until center is set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 2 hours. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and remaining zest before serving.
- KRAFT Kitchen Tips:
Substitute 1 Tbsp. each lemon, lime and orange zest for the 3 Tbsp. lemon zest.
NOTE FROM THE KRAFT KITCHENS
For a softer crust, reduce the crust baking time from 15 min. to 5 min.
You should get about 1 Tbsp. zest and 2 Tbsp. juice from 1 lemon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts