Creamy Lemon Sherbet
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 12 Hours
- 2 pasteurized egg yolks*
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (16-ounce) container whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Whisk together yolks and sugar in a large bowl until thick and pale. Whisk in syrup and next 3 ingredients; pour mixture into a freezer-safe container. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until almost firm.
- Place mixture in a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Pour mixture into a 9-inch square pan; cover and freeze 8 hours or until firm. Garnish, if desired.
- *For testing purposes only, we used Davidson's Pasteurized Shell Eggs.
- Tip: Look for pasteurized shell eggs in foam cartons with the other eggs in large supermarkets and discount super centers. Pasteurized eggs are safe to eat raw and, therefore, eliminate the risk of salmonella contamination.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts