- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (6-ounce) container lemon yogurt*
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chive-and-onion cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 to 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Garnishes: chopped fresh chives and lemon rind strips
How to Make It
Bring first 5 ingredients and water to cover to a boil in a large saucepan; cook 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
Drain, discarding bay leaf, and return potatoes and garlic to saucepan.
Add yogurt and next 3 ingredients; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
Stir in poppy seeds, lemon rind, and salt. Garnish, if desired.
*Plain nonfat yogurt and extra lemon rind may be substituted.