I've made these bars several times. They are requested for our neighborhood block party.
Creamy Lemon Nut Bars
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1. Stir together butter, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Gradually stir in pecans and 1 1/4 cups of flour, stirring until blended. Press dough firmly onto bottom of a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 13- x 9-inch pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- 3. Beat cream cheese and granulated sugar at high speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs and remaining 1/2 cup flour; beat until blended. Stir in lemon rind and juice; pour filling evenly over prepared crust.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 hour or until completely cool. Sprinkle evenly with 1 tablespoon powdered sugar; cut into 32 bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This