This was easy to make, especially because it was mostly common ingredients, but it just didn't end up being as yummy as it sounded. It was lacking flavor. Won't make again.
Creamy Leek, Pea, and Chicken Pasta
Shredded meat from a deli chicken is one of our favorite shortcuts for a quick homemade meal.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 481
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Protein: 40g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrate: 57g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Sodium: 1021mg
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 small leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 2 cups coarsely shredded unseasoned rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- About 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1. Cook pasta until al dente, adding peas in the last few minutes of cooking. Drain and put in a large serving bowl.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a simmer. Add leeks and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and cook until warm. Pour broth mixture over drained pasta. Stir cottage cheese, dill, and salt into pasta. Top each serving with freshly ground black pepper to taste and 1 tsp. oil. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1 1/2-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note