- 2 pounds lean boneless lamb, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (1-inch) cinnamon stick
- 2 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 8 fresh mint leaves, chopped
How to Make It
Sprinkle lamb pieces with salt.
Cook lamb, in batches, in a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat, stirring often, 5 minutes or until lamb is lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
Sauté onion and ginger in a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in coriander and next 4 ingredients. Add cooked lamb, broth, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until lamb is tender. Remove from heat; add yogurt and garam masala, stirring until blended. Sprinkle with mint.