This light version of hash brown casserole is actually very good. I did use real butter though :) The cheese got very crispy after 50 min. of baking, so I think next time I will add the cheese after 30 min. of baking for melty cheese instead of crispy.
Creamy Hash Brown Casserole
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 308
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 7.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 811mg
- Calcium: 230mg
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8-ounce) container light sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (5-ounce) can low-fat evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup light butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Stir together first 9 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spoon mixture into an 11- x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until bubbly and golden. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This