This is delicious! I have made it several times, and I use a little bit of 1/2&1/2 and a little more cheese. Friends love it!
Creamy Gruyère and Shrimp Pasta
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Jan Gautro
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 459
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated fat: 7.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 39.6g
- Carbohydrate: 41.2g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 210mg
- Iron: 4.1mg
- Sodium: 535mg
- Calcium: 415mg
- 8 ounces uncooked cavatelli or orecchiette pasta (
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- Cooking spray
- Parsley sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well.
- Combine the flour and salt in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly with a whisk; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove from heat. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese, stirring until melted.
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in wine and pepper, and cook 1 minute or until shrimp is done.
- Add pasta, shrimp mixture, and peas to cheese mixture, tossing well to combine. Spoon the pasta mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until cheese melts and begins to brown. Garnish with the parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This