A friend made this for us, and it was a great change for a side dish. My husband is not a big corn fan, so I'm going to try it without the corn.
Creamy Grits With Sweet Corn
More From Southern Living
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 (4-oz.) container light garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1. Bring 3 cups water and 1 tsp. salt to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; gradually stir in grits. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in corn, cheese, and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Alouette Light Garlic & Herbs Spreadable Cheese.
- Broccoli-Cheese Grits: Substitute 2 cups frozen broccoli florets and 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese for corn and garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- Spicy Cheese Grits: Substitute 1 (6.5-oz.) container pepper-Jack-and-jalapeño pepper spreadable cheese for garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used J. L. Kraft Specialty Gourmet Pepperjack and Jalapeño Spreadable Cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables