Creamy Grits with Sweet Corn
This recipe uses ground corn grits with fresh corn, creating layers of flavor. These grits are a nice medium for rabbit, smoked fish, or country ham. They can also sub for mashed potatoes.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 141
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 5.7g
- Carbohydrate: 20.8g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 386mg
- Calcium: 112mg
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup stone-ground yellow grits
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a large saucepan; gradually stir in grits. Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes or until thick and tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheeses, pepper sauce, and white pepper. Cover.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn; sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add corn and green onions to grits mixture, stirring well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables