This was a bit underwhelming. I thought it would be more flavorful, given the blue cheese and all the other rich ingredients. I think maybe the flavor was just too subtle for us. We added a lot of red pepper flakes, which helped a little... I'd add tons more blue cheese next time (and perhaps cut the walnuts and butter altogether to make up for it).
Creamy Gorgonzola Fettuccine
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 399
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 6.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 54.3g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 467mg
- Calcium: 220mg
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3 cups (1-inch) diagonally sliced asparagus (about 10 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons butter or stick margarine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Gorgonzola or other blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Cook pasta in boiling water 6 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add asparagus, and cook 2 minutes or until tender.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and cook for 3 minutes. Add flour; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, stirring well with a whisk. Stir in cream cheese and salt; cook 3 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Drain pasta and asparagus; place in a large bowl. Add sauce; tossing to coat. Serve with Gorgonzola and walnuts, and sprinkle with pepper, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This