Wow! This was quick, easy and ohh so good. I didn't have oregano and added fresh spinach. Even my picky 3 year-old loved it.
Creamy Garlic Shrimp and Pasta
To save prep time, have your fishmonger peel and devein the shrimp. Or if you'd like to do it yourself, be sure to start with 1 1/4 pounds of unpeeled shrimp.
Prep: 2 minutes; Cook: 9 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 337
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 28.7g
- Carbohydrate: 38.4g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 220mg
- Iron: 4.1mg
- Sodium: 571mg
- Calcium: 116mg
- 3 quarts water
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh linguine
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons (3 ounces) light garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese (such as Alouette Light)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- Oregano sprigs (optional)
- 1. Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a large Dutch oven; add pasta and shrimp. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until pasta is tender and shrimp are done. Drain and keep warm.
- 2. While pasta and shrimp cook, combine wine and next 4 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- 3. Add pasta and shrimp to sauce in pan, tossing to coat. Stir in chopped oregano just before serving. Garnish with oregano sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note