I followed the recipe and used fresh shucked corn, it was rich and ok. The kids didn't like it because of the bell pepper. It was different. It did taste better the second day. The bacon is what made the dish.
Creamy Fried Confetti Corn
One of our most popular corn side dishes, this corn casserole does not disappoint. The sprinkle of bacon cuts the creamy richness of the dish, making it easy for this casserole to pair with just about anything.
- 8 bacon slices, chopped
- 4 cups fresh sweet corn kernels (about 8 ears)
- 1 medium-size white onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cook chopped bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Set bacon aside.
- Sauté corn, onion, and bell peppers in hot drippings in skillet over medium-high heat 6 minutes or until tender. Add cream cheese and half-and-half, stirring until cream cheese melts. Stir in sugar, salt, and pepper. Top with bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables