Creamy French Vanilla Ice Cream
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 3 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 4 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups milk
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle French vanilla-flavored liquid coffee creamer*
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Combine egg and egg yolks in a medium bowl; beat well with a whisk.
- Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a Dutch oven until blended. Whisk in milk; bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk about one-fourth of hot mixture into eggs; add to remaining hot mixture, whisking constantly. Cook over low heat 6 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat; whisk in coffee creamer, condensed milk, and cream. Cool completely; cover and chill thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into freezer container of a 4-quart ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Freezing instructions will vary among manufacturers.) Pack freezer with additional ice and rock salt, and let stand 1 hour before serving.
- *For testing purposes only, we used Coffee Mate liquid coffee creamer.
- Tip: After processing in ice-cream maker, pour ice cream into a plastic container, and place in freezer to harden to desired consistency. It will take at least 3 hours to become firm, depending on the depth of container used.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Creamy French Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts