made a few changes... added 8 oz of baby bella mushrooms cooked with cooking spray, used half and half instead of cream. Added 1/2 c chicken broth, 2 green onions, and 1 1/2 tsp of garlic. I topped it with 4 oz pieces of chicken sauteed in 1 T of olive oil and 1 tsp garlic. Served with asparagus. The calories on the pasta went to 247 and the fat to 5.7. (that's 5 points WW) The chicken was 4.5 points
Creamy Fettuccine with Porcini Mushrooms
Pasta needs to cook at a full boil to ensure an even al dente texture. The sauce, made of cream, porcini, and porcini soaking liquid, simmers and reduces for a short time to thicken it enough to cling to the pasta.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 329
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 12.3g
- Carbohydrate: 44.4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 430mg
- Calcium: 116mg
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup dried porcini mushrooms (about 1/4 ounce)
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons (1-inch) cut fresh chives
- 1. Combine 1/2 cup boiling water and mushrooms in a small bowl; cover and let stand 30 minutes or until soft. Drain through a sieve over a bowl, reserving soaking liquid. Finely chop mushrooms.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water.
- 3. Combine mushrooms and cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat; bring to a simmer. Stir in salt, pepper, and reserved mushroom soaking liquid; simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add pasta and reserved 1/4 cup pasta water to pan; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and chives. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note