Creamy Dijon Lamb Chops
More From Southern Living
Bake: 15 Minutes
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 8 (2-inch-thick) lamb chops, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Sprinkle lamb chops evenly with salt and pepper.
- Brown chops in hot oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side; place chops in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 150° (medium-rare). Let lamb chops stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Sauté garlic in reserved drippings over medium heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir together cream and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Add mixture to skillet, and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Serve sauce with chops.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note