Creamy Delicious Hummus
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can(s) chickpeas (or about 2 cups of dried chickpeas that you have soaked overnight, then boiled for 1.5 hours or until done)
- 1/2 - 2 clove(s) garlic (depending on your tastes and the potency of the garlic)
- 1/3 cup(s) olive oil
- 1/2 fresh lemon, squeezed
- 1/3 cup(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) either tahini, peanut butter or almond butter (really any nut or seed butter works here)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse your chickpeas if they are from a can.
- Put all your ingredients into a food processor or a bowl and use a handheld blender.
- Add more water if needed for desired consistency, and flavor with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parsley, or black olives.
- Serve with organic corn tacos, sliced carrots, sliced cucumbers, celery and red pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note