Loved this recipe! Quick, easy, refreshing. When I made it, I made it in the food processor, but forgot to save some of the chopped cucumber. As a result, the soup was smoother, but excellent. I think that this would also be good to make in a blender if you didn't have a food processor.
Creamy Cucumber Soup
English, or hothouse, cucumbers have thin skins, few seeds, and mild flavor. English cucumbers are sold wrapped in plastic, rather than coated in wax.
More From Southern Living
4 Hours, 20 Minutes
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 green onions
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large English cucumbers (about 2 1/2 lb.), peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 3 cups fat-free Greek yogurt*
- Garnishes: toasted slivered almonds, freshly ground pepper, chopped red bell pepper
- 1. Process chicken broth, green onions, vinegar, salt, pepper, and half of chopped cucumbers in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- 2. Add yogurt, and pulse until blended. Pour into a large bowl; stir in remaining chopped cucumbers. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours. Season with salt to taste just before serving. Garnish, if desired.
- *Plain low-fat yogurt may be substituted. Decrease chicken broth to 1/2 cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note