Loved this recipe! Quick, easy, refreshing. When I made it, I made it in the food processor, but forgot to save some of the chopped cucumber. As a result, the soup was smoother, but excellent. I think that this would also be good to make in a blender if you didn't have a food processor.
Creamy Cucumber Soup
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Amy Burke
More From Southern Living
4 Hours, 20 Minutes
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 green onions
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large English cucumbers (about 2 1/2 lb.), peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 3 cups fat-free Greek yogurt*
- Garnishes: toasted slivered almonds, freshly ground pepper, chopped red bell pepper
- 1. Process chicken broth, green onions, vinegar, salt, pepper, and half of chopped cucumbers in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- 2. Add yogurt, and pulse until blended. Pour into a large bowl; stir in remaining chopped cucumbers. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours. Season with salt to taste just before serving. Garnish, if desired.
- *Plain low-fat yogurt may be substituted. Decrease chicken broth to 1/2 cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews