Creamy Cucumber Chive Cups
Chill: 1 Hour
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cucumbers
- 3/4 cup(s) lowfat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoon(s) finely chopped chives, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 dash(es) hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup(s) (2 ounce) flaked hot roasted smoked salmon or finely chopped pitted kalamata olives or spiral-sliced ham
- Trim off the ends of each cucumber. Using a vegetable peeler, remove 3 evenly-spaced strips of peel from each. To make cucumber cups, cut each crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices and use a teaspoon to remove the seeds from the center of each without cutting through to the bottom. Transfer to a platter; set aside. In a food processor, purée cottage cheese, yogurt, 2 tablespoons chives, pepper and hot sauce. Spoon mixture into cucumbers, top with a sprinkling of salmon, olives or ham and garnish with remaining chives. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours before serving. (Filling can be made up to 1 day ahead.)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note