This is definitely a keeper. It features healthy ingredients and is relatively low calorie for a salad dressing. The dressing has a special zest from the mint. I used it on green salad and on steamed asparagus. The only change I made was to add a little more salt than the recipe specified.
Creamy Cucumber-Avocado Salad Dressing
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 75
- Calories from fat: 80%
- Protein: 0.8g
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 3.9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 288mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 spring onions* or green onions
- Fresh juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white or black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Purée all ingredients with 3/4 cup water in a food processor until smooth.
- *Spot spring onions' plump bulbs in the produce aisle next to their skinnier green onion relatives.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/4-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salad Dressings