Reader Nora Henshaw adds crunch to her coleslaw with this toasted peanut variation.
More From Southern Living
Cool: 15 Minutes
Chill: 1 Hour
- 1/4 cup chopped lightly salted peanuts
- 6 fully cooked bacon slices
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 (16-oz.) package coleslaw mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Heat peanuts in a small skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Let cool 15 minutes.
- 2. Crisp bacon slices according to package directions.
- 3. Whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar in a large bowl. Crumble bacon, and add to mayonnaise mixture in bowl. Add coleslaw mix, salt and pepper to taste, and peanuts; toss to coat. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Hormel Fully Cooked Bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note