I am a crab junkie - Marilyn is for crabs, not Maryland! - and I found this use of crab to be clizmatic! I don't like heavily toasted breads (they tear up the roof of my mouth) so I served the crab cocktail on both lightly toasted and untoasted slices of ciabatta bread; both worked well. I used jumbo lump crab meat, lightly tossing the it with the ingredients to maintain maximum crab lumps. Absolutely scrumptious!
Creamy Crab Cocktail Salad on Garlic-Rubbed Crostini
This flavorful hors d'oeuvre is sure to please your guests. If you make this dish ahead of time, top the crostini with salad just before serving to keep the bread from becoming soggy. Common condiments provide flavor boosts in this dish.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 74
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 5.8g
- Carbohydrate: 9.4g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 246mg
- Calcium: 33mg
- 40 (1/2-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette (about 10 ounces)
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 5 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place bread slices on a large baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until crisp. Cool slightly. Lightly rub 1 side of each bread slice with cut sides of garlic. Discard garlic.
- Combine onion, celery, bell pepper, and crab in a bowl. Combine parsley and remaining ingredients. Spoon over crab mixture, and toss gently. Top each bread slice with 1 tablespoon of crab mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Creamy Crab Cocktail Salad on Garlic-Rubbed Crostini Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This