This was delicious and was a great way to use up the last of the season sweet corn!
Creamy Corn Chowder
This rich corn chowder recipe gets bold flavor from bacon. It's loaded with veggies, making it a hearty option for a quick weeknight supper.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 213
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Sodium: 472mg
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 medium red potatoes, diced
- 1 (1 lb.) bag frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup half-and-half
- In a 4-quart soup pot, cook bacon over medium-high heat, stirring, until brown and crispy, about 5 minutes. Pour off all but 2 Tbsp. fat.
- Add onion, celery and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add potatoes, corn, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle flour over mixture and stir until thickened and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Slowly pour in broth, stirring constantly until smooth. Add bay leaf; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until potatoes are tender, 25 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and stir in half-and-half. Cook until warmed through.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note