Creamy Coconut Shrimp
Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) Amaretto Liquer
- 1/2 cup(s) Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup(s) Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) Sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) Coconut Extract
- 1 teaspoon(s) Vanilla Extract
- 1 pound(s) Jumbo Shrimp Peeled, Deveined
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Saute the shrimp for 2-3 minutes. CAREFULLY add the amaretto. Cook 1-2 minutes more until shrimp begins to caramelize. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside. Add heavy cream, coconut milk, and sugar to the pan. Simmer on medium, stirring occasionally, until it begins to thicken and is reduced by half (about 5-8 minutes). Add shrimp back into pan along with the coconut and vanilla extracts. Simmer 1-2 more minutes and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ammybear81 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note