Creamy Coconut Shrimp
In a hurry? Use instant rice or new ready-cook varieties.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup shrimp mixture and 3/4 cup rice)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 197
- Fat: 7.0g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 24.0g
- Carbohydrate: 8.9g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Iron: 4.0mg
- Sodium: 197mg
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Calcium: 82mg
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 1/4 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat; add bell pepper and next 4 ingredients. Sauté 2 minutes. Add coconut milk, shrimp, and salt; cook over medium heat 7 to 8 minutes or until shrimp are done (do not boil), stirring occasionally.
- Place 3/4 cup rice on each of 4 serving plates; spoon shrimp mixture evenly over rice. Squeeze 1 lime quarter over each serving and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note