Creamy Coco-Nana Pie
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup toasted flaked coconut, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Whisk in milk and egg yolks until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil, whisking constantly, 16 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup coconut and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Arrange banana slices in bottom of baked Pastry; pour custard over banana.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Add 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar dissolves (2 to 4 minutes). Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Spread meringue over hot filling, sealing to edge of Pastry.
- Bake at 325° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup coconut.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Pies/Pastries