I followed the recipe exactly, but I thought it was a bit on the bland side. I wish I would have had more clams, because when I drained them, it didn't seem like much. I think next time I make clam chowder I'll find another recipe, even if it doesn't have less fat.
Creamy Clam Chowder
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 177
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Sodium: 496mg
- 2 strips bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp., plus 1 tsp. flour
- 1 (8 oz.) bottle clam juice
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 large potato (12 oz.), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 (6.5 oz.) cans chopped clams, drained
- Dash hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Combine bacon and oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until fat is drawn out of bacon, 4 minutes. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, 4 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Pour in clam juice and bring to a boil, stirring well.
- Add milk, potato, clams and hot sauce. Season with salt. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are fork-tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Ladle chowder into cups or bowls, sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This