This recipe sustained me for a week after having teeth extracted. You can't taste the cottage cheese, so it's just yummy while full of protein. I left off the shavings and the cookie, and it's still great.
Creamy Chocolate Pudding
Prep time: 15 minutes. This deceptively decadent cross between a mousse and a pudding is slimmed down with low-fat dairy ingredients. It will keep if covered in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1/3 cup pudding and 1 cookie)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 251
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 313mg
- Calcium: 118mg
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup 2% low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 ounces block-style light cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate shavings (optional)
- 4 chocolate wafer cookies (such as Nabisco's Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 1. Combine chocolate and milk in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- 2. Combine cottage cheese and next 4 ingredients (through vanilla) in food processor and process 2–3 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides once or twice, until very smooth. Add chocolate mixture; process until smooth and blended.
- 3. Spoon pudding into individual serving dishes. Top with chocolate shavings, if desired, and serve with a wafer.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This