Nice subtle amaretto flavor, but use almond extract in place of the vanilla if you prefer more almond flavor. Only lightly chocolatey. Great smooth and creamy texture lived up to the name.
Creamy Chocolate-Amaretto Cheesecake
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Melanie J. Clarke
The nutty flavor of Amaretto pairs well with creamy chocolate. Savor these flavors in a delicious dessert.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 292
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 10.9g
- Carbohydrate: 40.2g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 418mg
- Calcium: 76mg
- 6 chocolate wafers (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate minichips
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Place wafers in a food processor, and pulse until coarsely ground. Sprinkle crumbs into bottom of an 8-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- Place sugar and next 8 ingredients (sugar through cream cheese) in a food processor, and process until smooth. Add egg, and process until blended. Pour the cheese mixture into prepared pan, and sprinkle with minichips. Bake at 300° for 55 minutes or until the cheesecake center barely moves when pan is touched. Remove cheesecake from oven, and run a knife around outside edge. Cool to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This