Creamy Chickpea Spread
This Middle Eastern dip also known as hummus contains tahini, a paste made of ground toasted sesame seeds. Look for it on the condiment aisle or in the ethnic food section of most supermarkets.
- 1 (16-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted and ground*
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- Pita bread triangles, pita chips, or assorted fresh vegetables
- Process first 11 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Drizzle with olive oil, if desired. Serve with pita bread, pita chips, or vegetables.
- *1/4 teaspoon ground cumin may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note