- 1 (16-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 to 2 tablesoons water
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted and ground*
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- Pita bread triangles, pita chips, or assorted fresh vegetables
How to Make It
Process first 11 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Drizzle with olive oil, if desired. Serve with pita bread, pita chips, or vegetables.
*1/4 teaspoon ground cumin may be substituted.