Creamy Chicken with Biscuits
Community Recipe from
- 3/4 pound(s) Carrots (about 4) Cut into 1 inch length
- 2 stalk(s) celery Thinly sliced
- 1 Small onion Chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) All purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pound(s) Boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup(s) Dry white wine
- 1/2 cup(s) Low sodium chicken broth
- Ksoher salt and pepper
- 6 Biscuits (store bought or easy drop) split
- 1 cup(s) Frozen peas
- 1/2 cup(s) Heavy cream
- 1. In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, toss together the carrots, celery,onion, and flour. Place the chicken on top and season with the poultry seasoning, 1 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Add the wine and broth.
- 2. Cover and cook until the chicken and vegetables are tender, on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- 3. Thirty minutes before serving, prepare the Easy Drop Biscuits (If using)
- 4. Ten mins before serving, add the peas, cream, and 1/2 tsp salt to the chicken and stire to combine. Cover and cook until heated through, 5-10 mins more.
- 5. To serve, place the bottom halves of the biscuits in shallow bowls, then top with the chicken mixture and the remaining biscuit halves.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LMStone61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Creamy Chicken with Biscuits Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes