I loved this recipe. The only change I made was that I used walnuts instead of almonds. This will definitely be my go-to chicken salad recipe.
Creamy Chicken Salad
Poaching the chicken keeps it moist and succulent, so you'll need less dressing to bind the chicken salad.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 2 Hours, 19 Minutes
- Calories: 339
- Fat: 13.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Protein: 39.5g
- Carbohydrate: 14.6g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 525mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 7 tablespoons (about 2 ounces) coarsely chopped smoked almonds
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1. Fill a Dutch oven two-thirds full of water; bring to a boil.
- 2. Wrap each chicken breast half completely and tightly in heavy-duty plastic wrap. Add the chicken to boiling water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°. Remove from pan, and let stand for 5 minutes. Unwrap chicken and shred; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cold.
- 3. Combine mayonnaise and the next 7 ingredients (through black pepper) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until combined. Add chicken, 1/3 cup celery, cranberries, and almonds; toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve over salad greens.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note